Thursday, July 31, 2008

From the files of "The bizarre"


I have an ex who was a student of Wicca. To many of you that is akin to Satan worship, which is interesting to me in that Wicca doesn't really have a devil per se. I look at Wicca as kind of a corny 'peace love and granola' trendy sort of pseudo-spirituality. More of a response to the overtly paternal nature of the Abrahamic faiths. I think it mainly harmless, though many who come by would disagree with me. I'm not going to get into that right now. Yet again I digress...

Anyhoo...

I heard this story on the way to work.

Seems a lass in Indianna accidentally ran a 3 foot sword through her foot (would this qualify as stigmata) while performing a Wiccan ritual in a cemetery (and these people wonder why the scare the be-jesus out of Christians). I don't even know how you'd do that!

Ridiculous...

Lest, anyone think I am overly hard on Christians... let me say here and now that I consider the Wiccan rituals as goofy and ridiculous.

R.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Gunther said was aiming to put the sword in the ground, but hit her foot instead."

One important thing is missing from the article- her shoe size. Does she have Shaq size feet? Seriously, how does one miss the ground and hit their foot? Say what you will about Christianity, but no one ever put their eye out with a communion wafer.

Robert said...

john said:

"Seriously, how does one miss the ground and hit their foot."

I know...sheesh we shouldn't let this woman any where near a hammer who knows the damage she may do!

Say what you will about Christianity, but no one ever put their eye out with a communion wafer

I remember almost choking on one when i was in grade school...damn those things are dry! ;)

R.

Anonymous said...

Robert: Sourcery, witchcraft etc....Satan...

From you are reporting here...ain't all that there smarts either...

The way I look at witches and such is they are lost people, wanting the power denying the source....the RIGHT source for such things...

You knew I had to say something about his....!!!

Robert said...

@Deb

Of course you did! No worries. Most of the 'wiccans' I've met are harmless flakes anyway. Most of them can't get their asses out of bed before 11am let alone lead an entire species to Satan. ;)

R.

Anonymous said...

I have a friend in Orlando who runs a shop serving the needs of New Age celebrants and Wiccans. She'd love this story.